View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 14:10   #80
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
I picked up a D-link DFE-670TXD because it was on the compatibility list. I am running workbench 3.1.4 and at first I thought the card was not working because the lights kept blinking but after putting cardpatch and cardreset in the user-startup it had a solid green light on the 100M. The Cnet read card utility is picking up the card info correctly.

The problem is I can't get it to work. I set up AmiTCP and when it runs startnet it freezes when it tries to setup the IP address. I can't seem to figure out where the problem is.

Update:

I installed MiamiDX to see if it can find the issue, and when I ran MiamiInit and entered cnet16.device at unit 0, the Amiga froze up.... Cnet16.device is not talking to my D-link... I looked up the card and noticed it has a auto config feature built in. Could that be messing with the device driver?

I read that there might be multiple versions of this card. Could I have gotten the one with the wrong type of chip in it? The card is pretty new looking, looks like it was never used, it was in it's original case.
I’ve tried many a PCMCIA card and have had mixed results.

Currently I run a Linksys Wireless PCMCIA on my Desktop Amiga and use the Amigakit Easynet Pro with it and itworks flawlessly.

If you are looking to run wired RJ-45 on a PCMCIA then I recommend the following:

Linksys Model EC10T
3COM Megahertz model 3CXE589ET
3COM ETHERNET III (What Amigakit used with a sticker over it )

I’ve also found issues with certain Amiga 1200 board revisions. I.e 1D4 and 2B can particularly picky on certain PCMCIA cards. I’ve found revision 1D1 boards the best to use.

Page generated in 0.04612 seconds with 11 queries