View Single Post
Old 26 August 2002, 04:57   #1
Amigaboy

Latest WinUAE Kaillera Implementation

I have just tested the latest WinUAE Kaillera implementation. The first thing to note is it runs using WinUAE 0.8.22, thus a better emulator base.

I have only tried this release on a LAN, so the speeds were great. Sane has put alot of effort into this release and it's definately a huge improvement over his previous ones (which were still cool).

I do have a couple of problems with it but they were very minor in the sense that they will not interfere with the game in any way...it's just because I'm used to the older WinUAE ways of doing things.

We tested the game with IK+ and it worked flawlessly. I have still yet to master the whole controls thing (with WinUAE Kaillera, not IK+), but I think I can figure it out if I really want to.

As I said before, I've only tested it on a LAN, so the quality would definately be alot better than playing on the net (dialup or broadband), but if what Sane and Torak have said previously are true, I don't think it would matter much since very little bandwidth is used..

As I type this, I just thought of something which should have been implemented....When we were playing, we were shouting across the house things like "Are you on the uncrunching screen now?" and "Is it running at full speed?", etc....MAME Kaillera implementations allow you to press 'T' and talk while playing...Sane? Something like that maybe (obviously not using 'T')

Overall. A great release, and coupled with the latest WinUAE, it's fantastic. This is definately the release that will get more people involved in multiplayer Amiga gaming

Page generated in 0.09936 seconds with 11 queries