View Single Post
Old 24 August 2018, 05:04   #921
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Will there be plan for AmiKit Real to move to X? Would X be an evolutionary changes of more bells and whistles/features and GUI enhancements and so on?
Nope. Do you think it should?.

Remember that AKReal can be used with WinUAE (I mainly use it there and it's amazing thanks to Toni and the options I've implemented to this distro like for example to switch to RTG or going back to AGA with a few clicks) and it also offers a lot of configurations that you better use there if you try some of the options that MorpheuZ is offering.

A bit offtopic -but funny-. Do you remember Robocop?. He had three laws, "Three Laws of Robotics by Isaac Asimov (often shortened to The Three Laws or known as Asimov's Laws).

They are:

1- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2- A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Now, back to the topic:
The first law for AKReal is that it all has to work for Real with real -or emulated- hardware as the principal requirement.

So nope, I won't add a Rabbit hole or something similar that can't work in a real Amiga. To tell the truth I don't like getting out of the emulation just to get inside an external browser using another OS. For me, if any browser can't work as it should to enter in all of the internet sites, I don't need/don't want that. If they don't work in a miggy, I just won't try that and I'll keep using the sites that work for example with IBrowse that's my favourite.

About bells and whistles/features and GUI enhancements and so on, only the great ones have a place here and as always they have to be an option, so you are able to run AKReal without them.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 August 2018 at 05:25.

Page generated in 0.04148 seconds with 11 queries