View Single Post
Old 13 April 2006, 17:32   #39
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

UPDATE for those who are interested...

Well if it isn't one problem it's another!!!!! Finally figured out what the problem was why the Picasso IV would not work together with the Cybervision PPC, but they worked separately. It was the motherboard!!!! My other bad audio A4000 (buster 11) ran both graphics cards together flawlessly. My good audio A4000 (buster 9) can only rarely run both together, and the Picasso IV always has a guru meditation error on cold boot. It was a nightmare... tried different power supplies, everything different, you name it, and the only difference in end was motherboard.

I got the hint from reading somewhere on amiga.org that the cybervision 64/3d may have problems with buster 9. You know I can't believe commodore actually shipped it knowing it was crap without putting it in a socket!! Stupid!

So now to decide which graphics card to actually use in the system (cannot live without audio - the picasso iv audio out also picks up the bad audio).

I will go for the picasso iv because:
- it handles all OCS screenmodes and is a great flicker fixer
- i can have the tv card and video in too
- less heat generation inside desktop case
- although slower it is fast enough (with window dragging i can visibly see it is slower)
- can drag screens in the flicker fixed OCS modes
- if i want to play 3d games i will use my PC, or software emulation mode
- 800x600x24 bit is my preferred workbench resolution

If anyone has any compelling reasons why i should use cybervision ppc instead, let me know. Meanwhile, to send off the bad audio A4000 to get fixed....

Page generated in 0.07325 seconds with 11 queries