View Single Post
Old 05 July 2010, 23:05   #37
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Unhappy Grrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
If people are submitting magazines to AMR, or your team are scanning, then for god's sake enough of this click on an issue and find only 4 useless pages scanned. Clearly someone actually has the magazine at the time of scanning the cover and contents pages only.

If you're going to scan an issue sit down and scan the whole thing, rather than scanning 10% of 10 issues making the whole thing look like a bit of a waste of time.
Spoken exactly like someone who hasn't done a single thing for the project, and has no idea of how much work is involved.

ImmortalA1000: How many pages have you scanned to contribute to AMR? How many reviews have you indexed? You could do some work on it yourself if you were that interested rather than slagging off what's missing.

We are always open to adding more to it, but I think some of the original members are a bit burnt out at the moment - it's natural on any enormous project. Comments like Immortal's don't exactly inspire us to do more work, and if we only put up issues when they were 100% complete, there would probably only be about 1% of the data online.

A big thanks to Logix for all his work lately on the site - I have recently organised a wedding, bought a house, moved, maintenance on the property, and have a baby due very shortly. Scanning pages of old magazines is not high on my priority list right now and I'm unlikely to have much time in the next little while either!

Galaxy is engaged, he's not even in Australia where his mag collection or scanner is!

So give us a break people, and if you really wish to help out, you could do some scanning/indexing and help fill the gaps!

Page generated in 0.04217 seconds with 11 queries