Thread: X86 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04 June 2019, 16:32   #247
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Right, Now that it's a Open X86 Discussion would anybody Else like to Share what Projects they have on the Go?

I'm Currently trying to get my 98SE Setup to Play Multiplayer Via Lan. Does anyone know a Solid Safe option for this? Too outdated on Running the Internet on older Machines now and I don't want to leave myself Vulnerable

If your just running a lan why not just pickup a cheap 100mbit switch and wire it locally and off the Internet.

Or if you need it online the way I've done it at home is to have a separate network from the router in the house. All my retro stuff is on its own network in the cave that hangs off the main network in the house. 2 layers of security with that setup so should be safer.

I think you know most of my builds with the ongoing 386 build over on youtube. I have a 286 coming in the post (can't wait to get it) plus there are 2 pentium 2 rigs, a pentium 3 and a pentium 4 in bits waiting to be built. Want to get some amd stuff though. Would love to find a k6-2 or 3.

Page generated in 0.04890 seconds with 11 queries