Thread: X86 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04 June 2019, 12:28   #245
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Used and restored PCs are a huge market, up to some point of course, few people want Pentium 1s and 2s these days.

There's a Swedish company that specializes in restored PCs. Most machines they sell are made in the 2010s, which I think is what 005AGIMA had in mind. Last year they had a turnover here equivalent to $40 million, and this is a small country of just 10 million people.
Correct. These were i5's as mentioned in the post.
Corporate PC's are usually swapped out as soon as machines are out of warranty (4 years) and that's where most of these kinds of stashes come from.

The auction houses dont want the hassle of selling each item so they go by the pallet load unless specifically instructed by the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
While Pallet Loads are a good Option just be Very Careful where you go for this as a Friend of mine has done it and Stupidly only Checked the Outer Skin of Pcs which were all 2ND Gen i5 Prebuilds, The inner Stock was Mainly Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad. He Lost a Buck load but that like I say was down to his Stupidity of not Checking it at all. Excitement took over I think
Absolutely. The auction house I was looking at is reputable and are the primary go to here in Perth from everything as small as a PC, to fleets of cars. All items are tested and described. But yes it'd also check them out where possible in person.

The lot i was watching, they even detailed how many had 2, 4, or 8MB ram, and the HDD sizes.

So for example.... lot of 65 units. 25 with 250GB HDD, and 40 with 500GB HDD.

Ahhhh I purchased my Chrysler 300C v8 Hemi from there a few years back. God I miss that car.

Page generated in 0.04332 seconds with 11 queries