View Single Post
Old 24 March 2018, 17:49   #17
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kola View Post
Hi mate,

Only the Ram Disc has additional files in. Games and Music have no extra.

Ram Disk has Clipboards, ENV and T

Please keep in mind I havent got any discs or the CF card insterted at this point. Guessing I must have a harddrive built in it?
Seems that indeed you have some HD inside

Quote:
aha, looks like in 2014 I fitted a CF card reader hard drive replacment thingy.

I had superb help from this forum via a long thread here.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75454&page=3

So, this explaines the Games and Music folders. I guess my Q is how do I get octamed onto the music folder? I honestly only care about that one program.
Question is : where to get octamed at first place. Is it already on your CF, so the problem ends up being how to transfer from pcmcia cf to internal ide cf ?

Quote:
Right, Been on with this all afternoon (thats a day off im not getting back)

Ive assertained the following:-

1- I have a CF card as a hard drive fitted and thankfully working on my Amiga 1200.
2 - The above has two folders that are empty titled games and music.
3 - I have a CF card reader USB and Amiga port adapters for another CF card. A one that must have been originally destined to transfer files back and forth from this site via PC to Amiga.
4 - The disc that came with this adapter kit has the option to install onto the CF card or just use from disc. I understand the diff.

This brings me to my problem.

When I attach the CF card to the side Amiga port and put the floppy in and click the non instal version I get an Error message (Of course I do :- / ) staring the very unhelpful "mount 3 unknown command"

Anyone know how to get past this please?

Ok, time to invest another 16 hours into doing something that took seconds back in the 90s. IE putting a floppy in a drive.
First thing i'd do : copy the floppy's contents somewhere on the internal hd, so you can safely alter things if needed (and no longer have to use the slow floppy). You can just create some dir somewhere and drag the floppy disk's icon inside.

Then check what was on the floppy.
So there is a "non install version" icon to double-click ? What does it say if you just click it and choose icons/information from wb menu ?

Page generated in 0.04390 seconds with 11 queries