View Single Post
Old 11 July 2018, 09:01   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Heya Toni,

Unfortunately using this latest beta, WinUAE now takes an absolute age to start... 40 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds

I guess it's to do with all the above and me having 2480+ configurations.
Does it only happen if "art" paths panel option is set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkio View Post
Hello, I tested these options:

- D3D9/11 vsync modes (lagless and standard) will now support 100/120Hz with optional black frame insertion.

here is my report:

Using G-Sync Monitor keeping G-Sync on
ticking VRR monitor
Using 100Hz PAL
Lagless VSync (Beamraced)

The desktop settings (144Hz) prevails the internal emulator 100Hz PAL so basically CPU runs out to 180% and in the FPS adj. says 144.001007

To avoid this I set desktop to 100Hz that match the 100Hz PAL.
In this way the emulation speed is OK (FPS adj. says 50.0)

The problem is that with G-Sync on tears are present on the screen. the more slices the more tears.
BFI isn't working with G-sync, both Direct X 9 and 11.

Disabling G-Sync, things run very well
Internal emulator 100Hz PAL rightly prevails desktop setting (144Hz)
FPS adj. says 99.930000
Speed is correct, no tears (I tested 2/4/8/16 slices) and I had no tears.
BFI Direct X 11 works perfect without flicker or hiccup.
Instead BFI Direct X 9 has some troubles, slow downs (CPU>100%) and flickering out of sync.

I Used Windows 10 64bit NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 with latest drivers 398.36 and AOC G2460PG monitor.

Hope I've been helpful.
It is quite interesting that g-sync "causes" different side-effects (Perhaps it works slightly differently in different nvidia chip generations?). I can't notice any obvious differences, both with and without are stable in 50 and 100hz lagless vsync modes.

I have same problem with D3D9, unstable in BFI. But it is fine as long at least D3D11 mode works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
@Torkio
With G-Sync I don't use Lagless or Std Vsync options, I leave it empty since g-sync will automatically sync video refresh to 50/60 Hz/fps. Games run perfectly in PAL/NTSC native mode and super smoothly at 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC) fps as it was 20 years ago thanks to G-Sync.
I have the HW in signature and a 75Hz Windows desktop native resolution.
This is apples to oranges comparison because lagless vsync has noticeably less input lag than any other mode (which is the whole point of this mode). G-Sync alone unfortunately can't reduce lag. (and unfortunately has annoying side-effect of forcing next refresh immediately that makes it impossible to have glitch free lagless vsync, perhaps workaround can be found someday..)

Page generated in 0.17444 seconds with 11 queries