View Single Post
Old 10 May 2016, 20:03   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Great to hear that you can now test it yourself so we can benefit from it. And a nice monitor, although it does have fewer pixel than 3240x1920 you stated.
Yeah but at the moment 3440x1440 seems to be max size that works with single cable + at least 100Hz and G-Sync. Extra horizontal pixels seem to be much more useful than lost vertical pixels. At least when using normal Windows programs.

Quote:
So the version you tested here and made to work with black frame insertion @ 49 Hz is no different from the previous one I tested? It should be fine with full 50 Hz in my case since my panel goes to 120 Hz with overclocking disabled.
Yeah, you should only get weird behavior if you enable black frame insertion and increase fps.adj until fps.adj*2 > your monitor max refresh rate. Try it to see if it looks same or different.

Quote:
So if you don't get weird artifacts with flickering at low fps like I do after using WinUAE with G-Sync, then perhaps my ASUS monitor is faulty somehow. Are you using the most recent Nvidia driver, and with which gfx card (I have a 760)?
It is perfect now, as long as I set it to 49Hz or lower. 50Hz will cause multiple duplicated frames, image sort of freezes or starts flickering oddly. (Unfortunately nominal Amiga PAL rate is 50.04Hz so technically it is always a bit too much but small hack will fix it..)

I have SLI GTX980 [365.10, latest Windows 10 Insider Preview] (but there was no difference in non-SLI, I didn't install second GPU until after testing the monitor. It was not originally installed because it died last week and I didn't bother to reinstall replacement until also monitor arrived)

Quote:
It would be very nice if it was possible for software to force the backlight on and off, which would make it possible to do proper black frame insertion aka ULMB combined with G-Sync. My monitor can also do ULMB, but not together with G-Sync but I have not tested which one gives the best end result.
AFAIK it is really difficult to combine both because variable rate means variable backlight strobing which would cause change in brightness and other display parameters. We'll see if it ever happens.

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z updated. Now supports windowed/full-window+variable sync and also automatically disables black frame insertion if refresh rate would become larger than max. (so don't use this version to do > max test!)

EDIT: it is now called variable sync because adaptive sync is displayport variable refresh rate standard name.

EDIT2: RTG + black frame insertion is now supported.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 11 May 2016 at 19:20.

Page generated in 0.04900 seconds with 11 queries