View Single Post
Old 17 July 2019, 03:14   #12
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

The CDTV wasn't a bad move looking back. It just didn't pay off. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but what I mean is, EVERYONE was having a stab at that (non existent) market. The 3DO, CDTV, and Philips CDi (and I'm sure I'm forgetting 1 or 2) were all jostling to use CDROM for "Interactive Video" and more, in a form factor that would fit with any lounge room of the time, rather than looking out of place.

Very smart thinking. Just.....not what anyone was asking for. Play an interactive Video (the main demo piece for these things) for more than 30 seconds, and gamers were turned off by how poor it was, and non gamers (the real target) were confused and equally disappointed.

Too late to jump on board now as they're too rare and too expensive, but the CDTV now, is by far the best looking A500 money can buy

Back on main topic though, the more I learn about the A1200, the more I want one.

Stock but with CF HDD adapter would be awesome. No accelerator. I want to see what it was like out of the box (hard drive aside)

Page generated in 0.07422 seconds with 11 queries