View Single Post
Old 17 February 2019, 21:05   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Just done installing everything.

At first, I was doubtful if Raspberry Pi 3 will be sufficient to run as UniFi server, but to my surprise it runs very good and it is very responsive.

I have modem that is capable over 1Gbps, but my current service is registered @ 150Mbps, while speed test reported ~175Mbps.

Ubquity UniFi Security Gateway integrates with UniFi server running on RPi and it was very easy to set and upgrade firmware.

Dual Band AP Pro also integrates with controller and gives you live data as it works, from client IP, brandwith, signal strengths, as well all surrounding radios and self adopts to empty spot.

To make this work I also had to get managed poe switch, that powers AP. I am planning to add one more AP to upper level of the house, but only once I figure out how to run network cable through walls from basement.

This is more setup from small business (actually I know couple that have shit setup compared to this) but for me it just works great and it was nice little experiment. Next, I have to rebuild my server room.

Page generated in 0.05071 seconds with 11 queries