View Single Post
Old 23 June 2017, 13:58   #6
demolition
Unregistered User

Yes, I am talking about the built-in Micro SD slot. I don't know if anyone have been able to make it work 100% but I have tried 3-4 different cards without success. The error I get is some error message from PFS3. Sometimes it can run well for 30 mins before I get see the error but 99.99% stable is not good enough to rely on, so I am not really using it except for file transfers using FAT-formatted cards in my 500 since that is the easiest way to move files in and out. In my 600 I just use PCMCIA for transferring stuff and the SD slot sits idle for now.

The fact that the 'HDMI' port is not really HDMI may be an issue but it might also not be an issue as some people don't get the problems. It depends on the resolution (or rather pixel clock) that you want to use, the length of the HDMI cable and the sensitivity of the input stage of your TV/monitor. Just try it out without the repeater first and then you can just add it if the signal is not stable. Without the repeater my monitor blacks out for a second every 1-2 mins when it tries to resync to the signal. It gets quite annoying after a while, but after I added the repeater the problem is gone 100%. Possibly the repeater might also decrease the load of the output pins of the FPGA, so in theory that could protect it from damage.

Page generated in 0.04247 seconds with 11 queries