View Single Post
Old 13 October 2019, 14:32   #43
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE can mount hard drives on Linux and macOS. It is quite a bit of work to add GUI functionality to lists removable disks and mount them, since this is very different on each OS (and also often requires root access), so that's not on the todo list at the moment.

As for FS-UAE with updated WinUAE core, that is progressing quite well, but somewhat in burts I've rewritten quite of bit of the time synchronization code, and I am also working on a new audio/video/input backend (in progress) which is why there hasn't been a new development release yet. But the end result should be a better FS-UAE In particular, the new synchronization code makes fastest-possible-mode much more "stable" and performant. (Fastest-possible mode didn't really work at all after the WinUAE 4.x integration before I started on the partial rewrite).

It is possible to try new stuff from the git repo. The new audio/video/input code can be tested with the
Code:
--fsemu
command line option (right now, both old and new modes are available in the same binary). The main problem with the new code is that there is no GUI menu at all yet, that's the main remaining thing before doing a new development release.

Page generated in 0.04104 seconds with 11 queries