View Single Post
Old 26 July 2019, 01:49   #5
Lineof7s

1) Nothing unusual about the username. Three alphabetic characters.
2) cxFreeze was indeed what I was looking for and the Linux and macOS issues where as close as I could come to even a mention of that much.

The user does indeed have a valid documents folder that, as far as I can tell, does and has always worked just as expected. It's not been moved since it was created (as far as I'm aware).

The interesting thing is while I was troubleshooting last night (I only get to this computer once a week) I was playing around with the Portable version (easier to know where to look for things) and noticed the Portable.ini file in the Extras folder and read it. Mistakenly, I thought the zip version was already configured to be the portable version. I realise now I misread, and when I moved the Portable.ini file where it was supposed to be it worked a treat. My bad.

..which further cements the suspicion that it's Documents folder related (or AppData, specifically). Oddly enough, I can go to exactly that location in the error message and SEE the files it's referring to.

I'll see what I can do about backing up his Documents and re-establishing it. Something's gone screwy in Win7's head, it seems. In the meantime he's at least got the portable version working for him.

Thanks for the clue.

Page generated in 0.04206 seconds with 11 queries