View Single Post
Old 18 April 2018, 20:38   #56
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
OK, so I can accept that you all had a good laugh at my expense, so Dunny is a clever Fuck*r for remembering, that I did a thread on an Amiga version of Resident Evil.

As much as I do not want to admit it, yes Akira it isn't nice. But... @Dunny, I wasn't mad at your intuition, rather you made me look a complete Twat, trying to defend Generation Amiga!
Way to filter your swearing I'm sorry, but you don't need my help to look a tw*t.

Seriously though, your enthusiasm for the Amiga is on the one hand endearing, but your belief in the impossible and the improbable in service of that enthusiasm is cringe-worthy at best.

Nobody takes a fundamentalist seriously except for other fundies - the way to get support and spread the love for the Amiga is by researching the machine (you really need to learn what it's capable of and more importantly what it is not) and presenting levelled and cool-headed discourse that people want to engage in.

As it is, your pattern is:

1. Post
2. Defend the post from ridicule
3. Rinse
4. Repeat

And nobody ever engages you, they just take the p*ss.

The Resident Evil thing was a case in point. Rather than ask "Would it be feasible to port Resi over to the Amiga, and what would we need to sacrifice (if anything) to get that done?" you start off with "The Amiga could run Resident Evil if someone is willing to code it, who's man enough to get this done?" and then start having to defend yourself when people point out that it's really not possible without huge compromises. And even then, you don't take what the experts say on board, you just dig yourself deeper into those holes.

Page generated in 0.04499 seconds with 11 queries