View Single Post
Old 19 November 2019, 09:53   #43
bebbo
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Goblins View Post
Thanks for the reply Bebbo.

I will need to double check, I am not using forbid() specifically that I know. I use some startup code from loonies, my guess is that is disabling interrupts and dma to kill the system, that disables the gdbserver, I will check that.

I saw that those integrations on *UAE with gdb and sounds great but they "hate" c++ or I dont know how to make it work.

some questions for you then?

Would be possible to adapt your gdbserver to be part of a modified version of FS-UAE or WinUAE so it could be at the emulator level?

Have you tried connecting from VSCode using the GDB, I think I got it working once, but not sure if it is meant to work with it.

Not sure if I am crazy, trying to do my stuff in modern c++, as I can see most of people just avoid it in favor of plain C XD?

Q1: I guess there is a WinUAE version containing a gdb server. I have no clue if my code would be helpful there.

Q2: I never tried it. I'm using Eclipse - it's working despite it needs a hack for the Amiga.

I'm using the libnix library if I code something for the Amiga also with c++. You can create programs with a reasonable size even using c++. But it's easy to blow the code size up^^

Plus I also debug my real Amiga over TCP.

Page generated in 0.04960 seconds with 11 queries