View Single Post
Old 22 January 2013, 18:01   #24
leathered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I've not read the tutorial but if the only thing stopping this working is the shapes then dont give up.

Learn a little about shapes.... all you need to do is grab these properly and it should work..
Agree 100%. I never got along with the shape grabber personally although Ive not tried the version Bippy mentioned. If you focus on getting the shapes file to save properly then your program can go ahead. I would also wonder whether or not anybody has written a tutorial for cutting the shapes.
You can code it yourself. All you need to do is load the .iff containing your shapes in the same way as above. Cut the shapes using
Code:
getashape n,x,y,w,h
where n is shape number, x and y are top left coordinates and w and h are width and height of the desired shape in pixels.
Do this for all shapes and then save the shapes file with
Code:
saveshapes n,n, "shapesfilename"
where n and n specify the range of the shapes you cut previously.
If you want to include the shape cutting as part of your main code you could do it all before you begin the main code and drop the "saveshapes" command as you will be cutting all your shapes "on the fly" at the start of your program. Then you could add the code
Code:
free bitmap n
to release the .iff memory for the rest of your program whilst retaining your newly cut shapes.

Whatever way you go good luck. Apologies for the lack of proper punctuation in this post, Im using a mates wierd norwegian mac

Page generated in 0.04211 seconds with 11 queries