View Single Post
Old 17 May 2020, 04:52   #6
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
The main thing to consider is: do not use the same config for Workbench and games.

For games emulation should be configured for accuracy. But this also makes it slow, like a real Amiga.

For Workbench it's better to configure it for speed. Start with the "high end expanded" quickstart. Or use an A1200 quickstart but move the compatibility slider to the lowest position.

To gain speed, disable cycle exact and vsync, set CPU speed to fastest possible and enable JIT.

RTG will help a lot but even SuperHires should be fast enough with a less accurate configuration. WinUAE should feel 1000 times faster than a real Amiga if it is not configured for accurate gaming.

Very interrrrrresting. I'd recommend something I do with A4000 config; Leave everything fast. The only change needed is cycle exact DMA. That causes the other settings to go (almost or) slower. If I'm going to play WHDLoad games (Black Gold), I get it ready (prep first), then enable that and..speed is slowed and start via Icon.
However, this requires Kick 3.x, and doesn't work well with 3.1.4 so far. HA! I haven't done a LOT of testing with this, and I haven't used several version of WinUAE. 4.2 I noticed it mostly done well. Have NOT used A1200 since around that version. Perhaps I'll check into it. I will admit I haven't tied it past Black Gold intro, but since that game a lot of timing stuff..it's my usual go-to.

Page generated in 0.04457 seconds with 11 queries