View Single Post
Old 05 August 2019, 11:40   #6
peo

This is from memory of what I did..

Write protect the floppy (if not, all of mine are write protected by default)

Try to create .adf files (which are only track-by-track dumps of floppies) with any of the many tools available.
In case of no error you do not need to do anything more with this floppy other than copy the .adf to a safe place.

In the case of unreadable tracks (and if the floppy is an AmigaDOS one that contain files), you can use 'tar' (GNUtar, it's on Aminet) to create a archive of all the readable files on the floppy, like:
df0:
tar cfv ram:floppylabelwhatever.tar .

This will in case it comes to something unreadable spit out an error, which you then can copy to a text file and save for later (many unreadable files were only AmigaOS files on the floppies I preserved some time ago).
You can also just redirect the output of 'tar' directly to a file with the usual > method.
If no errors are displayed, those read errors were more or less recoverable (still there, but on tracks not used for any file).
Copy the .tar file and the text with unreadable files to a safe place.

You might get other results using another floppy drive on the Amiga, or using KryoFlux with any working PC floppy drive.

Use any of the available tools for checking the md5 checksum of the .adf with the known floppies in TOSEC. There is an online tool that can be used for this:
http://www.amigaclub.be/tosec/

Page generated in 0.04292 seconds with 11 queries