View Single Post
Old 29 September 2004, 05:42   #22
DoomMaster

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
I guess for most people the answer would be "the A500, to play those great games" but it should be interesting to also hear alternative stories you guys might have of the type "to finally shut my ST-owner mate's mouth" or "the arrival and technical superiority of the Amiga 1000 changed my life" etc. Of course, "to play X game" stories are always welcome.
For me it was the Commodore past which excluded every other option (C16, never got it to work, replaced by a C64 after a week, C128D), then a shocking preview photo of the A500 I used to gasp over, to be presented at the Cebit (tried to locate this photo on the net but had no success), and of course, the games, Defender Of The Crown namely. (too bad the 2nd disk had a read/write error, use DISKDOCTOR to correct it ).
Anyway, the entrance to the Amiga world is always a thing to remember.
I bought an Amiga 1000, when they first came out, because at the time it was the best personal computer that money could buy. The Amiga 1000 blew the doors off the IBM PC and the Apple Macintosh and even surpassed the powerful Atari 520ST, which also blew the doors off the PC and Mac. The Amiga 1000 was such a beautiful computer with its sculpted case and keyboard, and the famous colorful Amiga checkmark logo on the front cover. I just loved the way the keyboard could be "parked" in the CPU "garage". I also liked the classy and sculpted look of the Amiga monitor. Yes, Atari ST was "Power without the price", but "Only Amiga makes it possible". As my bud Duke Nukem would say "Hail to the king baby".

Page generated in 0.07420 seconds with 11 queries