View Single Post
Old 20 July 2017, 23:00   #1
zoopster

NewIcons and WHDLoad problems

Hi,

I've using ClassicWB ADV SP as my base install on A1200 with 040 Apollo Card and 32MB Fast Memory.

I was having trouble running various WHDLoad games with my modified setup (latest newicon library; wifi prism drivers; roadshow; some 040 enhancements tools etc). I started troubleshooting thinking the problem would lie in one of the extra items I'd added to startup / user startup but had no joy.

I discovered the basic Workbench startup option in the Classic WB boot menu (right mouse click on boot). When Workbench loaded I got a newicons "newicons missing or obsolete library" error when Workbench was loaded (as the original newicon.library was not in place). The WHDLOAD games all worked.

So I put a line in the WBBoot-Sequence to copy newicon.library.orig to newicon.library to get new icons working in Workbench. But then the WHDLoad games stopped working again.

I commented out the copy command and games started working again. Is it possible that newicon.library is causing compatibility issues?

Thanks,
John

Page generated in 0.05508 seconds with 11 queries