View Single Post
Old 13 July 2019, 04:10   #1
Jeff_Birt

Old C64 guy, new Amiga guy

Hi all,

I'm an old time C64 guy who recently got his first Amiga ever. By sheer dumb luck I happened to find two New In Box Amiga 500's. What a treat, it was just like being back in 1987 and getting a new machine.

I bought the machines sight unseen other than a crappy picture of them leaning up against a shelf. I turned on the camera and did an unboxing video and a few follow-ups. It has been an adventure learning all about the A500 and troubleshooting a bad plunger.

I have an external drive case (non-working drive) and a Gotek on the way to do an external drive set up and managed to machine down a DB25 this evening to make a 23 pin connector for the video output. So far I have just been using the A520 that came with the A500. I'm going to try next to connect the RG output to one of my Extron video scalers which I think might handle the 15kHz scan rate.

I was not aware of this forum before but found out about it after inquiring about a dual Kickstart ROM and jumped right over to join. I understand they have some new even better gizmo coming out soon.

Oh, if anyone is interested in the videos here is the link to the first one.

[ Show youtube player ]

Page generated in 0.04919 seconds with 11 queries