Thread: Amix in WinUAE
View Single Post
Old 25 January 2013, 07:25   #19
r4ge

Hi guys, using the amix.uae config i have managed to boot into amix 1.1, from there i have used the boot and root img files from here http://amigaunix.com/tiki-list_file_...hp?galleryId=1, and dd'd them into adf files. I can upload them if anyone is interested. After booting these images i have been able to mount the amix 2.1 cpio into winuae and and start the install process. Its not quite done yet but its looking promissing.

Btw, to create the .adf images. I loaded amix 1.1, added a network interface and bound it to my ethernet adapter. This requires winpcap. once this is done I booted into amix and set up the interface, ie ifconfig en0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0, from there i ftp'd into my server and downloaded the boot.img and root_v2.img. I bunzip'd them first to save some time. then these images can be dd's to your virtual fdd, ie dd if=boot.img of=/dev/rdsk/fd0 this will take a few minutes. once boot is done you can swap out your virtual fdd (press f12) then load your root disk. this is done in the same manner, ie dd if=root_v2.img of=/dev/rdsk/fd0 again this will take a few minutes. once this is complete you can reboot your system and boot the first disk, there will then be a prompt to insert the root disk. A little caveat. Use RDB mode to set the drive geom on the cpio image. this should be set to scsi1. I have kept the target disk as scsi6.

Last edited by r4ge; 27 January 2013 at 05:22. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Page generated in 0.15904 seconds with 11 queries