View Single Post
Old 15 October 2018, 20:37   #1
Mstone

Want to use multiple drives in amiga 1200

Hello, I have an a1200 with 40mb original hard drive. I would like to add a cf to ide drive as the main drive, and have it be large by the amiga's standards, an SD to IDE adapter as a drive that can have the SD card be unplugged to transfer files, and a CD ROM drive. I would like assistance with figuring this out. I have a parallel port CD rom drive, and was wondering if I could find any drivers for that? That would be easier than internal. I do not want to put anything on the PCMCIA port, as i want to use that for a network card. I would like to keep the old hard drive in use, but make it not the number one priority to boot from. I will be copying what is on it onto a partition on the new cf card just as a back up of that anyway. Do I need the 4XEIDE'99 buffered interface from amigakit to do this? There would be 3 drives total if I use my parallel port cd rom drive. I would make the cf card the master first bootable priority drive.
I would like to make as few alterations to the original case as possible also. A slot or hole for a cable for the sd card adapter is the the only one I would accept. Best would be just a slot for the sd card so i can reach it without opening the case. Thank you!
As of yet, I have workbench 2.1 on there and no way to change it or install a network card or config utility for an indivision mk2, or any way to move software. So thanks for any help!

Last edited by Mstone; 15 October 2018 at 20:43.

Page generated in 0.04841 seconds with 11 queries