View Single Post
Old 25 August 2002, 14:01   #9
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Getting my Amiga 500.... that was an ordeal

I was going to get one as a christmas present from my parents and all my grandparents combined (because it was so expensive). I knew I'd get one, because my parents had told me (or rather asked me - because with such a 'big' present, they wanted to make sure it's the correct one). Only my grandparents lived in a moderately big city back then, so they were the ones who bought the Amiga. The plan was that they visit us over christmas and bring the Amiga with them.

On December, 24th (I was urgently waiting for them to arrive of course), they phoned and said they couldn't come - my grandfather had something like a 'mild heart attack' and the doctor had forbidden him to drive a car for the next few days.

I guess you can imagine it - that was a sad christmas for me! I got a few presents: three Amiga games (which my parents had bought). But no Amiga!

Two days later, my father couldn't stand my whining anymore, so he got into the car, drove the 300 km to my grandparents, grabbed the Amiga and drove back.

The rest is history

Page generated in 0.13551 seconds with 11 queries