View Single Post
Old 12 August 2016, 22:36   #96
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
<snip>
<snip>
Not that I'm unappreciative for having access to an [unreleased] game but...

...what a mess both files linked above are; even when installing to a hard drive

Issues are as follows:

a) With both directories there are no icons to start the game or view the related readme files.
b) You need to copy certain files to your "SYS:Libs" directory.
c) With "Dent A Wolf" the "dentawolf.readme" cannot be double-clicked as it's "not an executable".
d) With "Dentaku-26" you need to make a specific assign.
e) With "Dentaku-26" the "Read_This.txt" cannot be double-clicked as it's "not an executable".

Anyway; in my usual fashion I've spent a bit of time creating a single bootable "HD install" --> "ADF":

I'm sure "Amiganiac73" will be happy after his recent post in another thread because indeed you needed to mess around with files / libraries on your hard drive... Not required with this "HD install" --> "ADF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganiac73 View Post
I prefer to use DamienD disk images because, it does not install anything on your hard drive, it only uses the Ram Disk and the floppy for saving the games.

It's better that way because it doesn't overwrite, the Amiga Workbench Specific versions of the Libraries, Fonts and many other important, files that are required for the system to work properly.

Many times I had to Re-Install the workbench due to sudden resets and Guru Meditations and all because installing the games.

So.. these disk images allows me to play the game right away without any worries.
Use a "Quickstart A1200 - 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration"...

File now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"

Page generated in 0.04422 seconds with 11 queries