View Single Post
Old 01 September 2019, 13:46   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

winuae with 2 pc sounds cards

multi sid c64 exemple : [ Show youtube player ]

Hi toni,
I have 2 sounds cards surely like you... The mobo sound card + sbz.
could it be possible to output a toccata through the mobo sound card and the paula sound through the sbz or vice versa ??
Or perhaps if i'm not wrong some amiga games simulates more than 4 channels, turrican and others... winuae could play the 4 1st voices on the mobo snd card and the others on the 2nd.
Turrican for the first time with all voices played separately !!
ok it seems a little too much, but i don't know, perhaps it could be easy to do ?? Or perhaps you'll think to a better utilization of 2 sound cards to enhance the quality or to reduce the impact of the sound emulation on winuae speed, or perhaps winuae could emulate 2 cards separately more accurately ? Or perhaps like with the c64 emulators,we could emulate 2 paula, like this we could launch a mod or a mp3 on one card and the sfx of the game on the others.(i suppose that we just need a player who could send the sound data to the adress of the new paula ?) Or perhaps a whdload wich could support the 2nd card you set in whdload the path for the mod, it could play it during gamess with lack of music.

I really don't know what is possible or not ??
ps : it could perhaps make appear some paula cards that you could plug on your a1200 to have a better sound like the commodore 64 can have multi sid ??? I really don't know i just put that here, if it sounds too crazy just ignore it, if something looks possible tell me.
edited : i mean 2 sound cards with 2 separate speakers output (2 x 5.1).

Last edited by turrican3; 01 September 2019 at 13:57.

Page generated in 0.04135 seconds with 11 queries