Thread: BlitzQuake
View Single Post
Old 27 January 2014, 03:02   #5
matthey
Banned

@Cowcat
Is there any chance the source could be made available or uploaded to Aminet? BlitzQuake/glQuake has one of the best and most thorough Warp3D implementations and is one of the most optimized Amiga games, at least for the 68k. It's a great benchmark program too. The big problem with 68k performance is the horrible optimization of the Warp3D drivers. They have about twice as many instructions as needed . I made optimized patched versions of the Warp3D.library and Voodoo drivers which helped noticeably and fixed some bugs. I get 25fps at 640x480x16 on my 68060@75MHz with Mediator+Voodoo 4 which is fully playable. I might be interested in playing around with, debugging and optimizing the source but it would mostly be 68k side. The PowerPC side could see some benefits from bug fixes though.

There is a newer unreleased version of vbcc that 0.9b that has *many* improvements and bug fixes. I was waiting on a bug fix for fp (all sizes) to unsigned 32 bit int conversions when Frank Wille must have become busy with Solid Gold. Maybe Dr. Volker Barthelmann hasn't had time to fix the bug in the 68k backend also. We were working on c99 math support for vbcc 68k+FPU but I was stalled by the lack of an important bug fix as I was starting testing. Frank was wanting to release an update last year for vbcc so maybe he just needs another reminder since you have been talking to him anyway .

Page generated in 0.04516 seconds with 11 queries