View Single Post
Old 10 February 2010, 00:19   #1
EreWeGo

Help! Editing "GOAL!" pitches?

Hi everyone,

not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm hoping someone knows how we might be able to edit some of the graphics in "GOAL!" - I've managed to use the Dino Dini File System tools to extract the files from disk2, (where most of the player sprites are, and the football pitches), but I can't get much further.

I end up with the .iff files for the player sprites, which is great, but the pitches appear to be in 16 "*.pit" files, eg: vmuddy1.pit, hnorm2.pit etc.
The game has 4 pitch types: normal, wet, muddy, and wembley. It also has horizontal and vertical views, and two different zoom levels, meaning a total of 16 options, so the 16 ".pit" files extracted makes sense.

However, I can't seem to do anything with these files - I can't extract them further, as they don't appear to be compressed, I can't directly open them with any image editing/manipulation software, and a Hex editor doesn't help much...

I can rip the images using "RipIT", which saves the file to disk first, then searches the saved image for relevant files. I can view, and save the pitches, (which RipIt detects as IFF/ILBM 320x256 8 colors), but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit them directly in the program, or import edited versions...

Any ideas on what I can try woul be awesome - it'd be fun to have a play and give this game a bit of a "makeover".

Page generated in 0.05177 seconds with 11 queries