View Single Post
Old 26 January 2015, 00:34   #109

I agree that it's reasonable to expect someone to obtain permission before using your character. It's what we were all taught in school to do, and it's good manners. Plus, how else will you know the terms in which you may use said property?

I think the sum of money is making an example of Hipoonios to put off other people from doing the same thing, and I still stand by the opinion that if he made himself more approachable then he might have only received a slap on the wrist.

Yet another consideration is the quality of the product. It's just never going to generate any money or increase the Smurfs reputation in any way. Even for the Amiga, the game is terribad. If it generated any interest then Hipoonios might've been able to strike a deal, but since he's the only one benefitting, what's the point?

Imagine the embarrassment if people thought it was an official release!

It's also worth mentioning that this isn't some 13 year old kid in his bedroom. It's a 36 year old that should really know better.

All this of course, it's free marketing for Hipoonios. As a result of this action from the Smurf's owners, there are going to be people that want to play his game that wouldn't have before.

My advice to him would be to meet this crowd head on and make something worth playing.

Last edited by colourwheel64; 26 January 2015 at 00:47.
Page generated in 0.04910 seconds with 9 queries