Thread: The Amiga Book
View Single Post
Old 14 January 2015, 23:39   #113
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Apologies guys. I've only just seen this!
The Amiga Book sold out far quicker than was expected, in fact it's been our fasted selling bookazine ever. To my understanding, everyone who played an order would receive a copy as it's apparently impossible to order one if they've run out due to the way the system is set up. Due to the Christmas break no books were sent out before the 5th (as stated on the website) but backlog meant they took a little longer than normal. It should also be in WHSmiths stores, but apparently their distribution (which is out of our control) focus on sending to bigger stores and then resupplying from there. People are starting to find it in their local stores so it might be worth phoning beforehand to avoid disappointment. If you just want to read the content then a digital version does exist.
Hopefully that answers questions. I didn't want to mention the book before hand here as I'm a new member and felt it wouldn't be in good taste.

I'm sorry some feel it's a waste of money. We always make it quite clear that our bookazines are created from existing content, so I'm not sure how it could be bought expecting it to be something it isn't. We even added some new content because people asked for it.

Of course, if you don't buy RG then hopefully you'll enjoy it. I can't think of any other modern bookazine around that has so much Amiga goodness in one place. And yes we're not Amiga historians but we do give out articles to writers that loved the system growing up. I'm sorry if the odd error has soured your enjoyment of the book.
Well said - even though I have read every issue of RG and been a subscriber from whichever issue subscriptions started ( as well as having 2 games published on the RG CDs) I still think it's a great read and a nice keep sake. I guess we may be able to expect a second volume in the future with a focus on the A1200 or the full range?

Thanks for producing it and putting our beloved computer back into the spotlight (even if it's a slightly limited and fairly brief spotlight).
Page generated in 0.05408 seconds with 9 queries