View Single Post
Old 13 January 2015, 02:56   #3
Arne
Hobby/Indie gamedev

Thanks

I suspected there already were converters, but I didn't feel like downloading stuff so I wrote a program which converts an image to a custom chunky 4-bit nibble format. After generating the file it turned out my IFF loaded just fine this time so... well maybe I'll need the program later.

I'm halfway to milestone 1. Map file is ready for loading, I'm grabbing images, but have hit a snag with drawing operations which... I guess suspected was there all along. When mask is disabled on Icons, Blocks or Bobs, then blitting is done with width increments of 8 (edit, no 16!) because of bitplanes. My tiles are 12x12 because it suits the presentation. Solutions:

1) Draw a black 'Bar' behind every refreshed tile to clear to black and avoid overlapping residuals. The only major map update will be on end turn when all of the aliens move, but i'll probably be fine because the game needs no smooth movement.

2) If there is a mask bitmap I suppose I could poke it to form a solid block with a transparent (16-12px) right edge. Right now the mask is automatically generated by AMOS (from color 0) upon grabbing. Edit: Used this solution.

Last edited by Arne; 13 January 2015 at 05:49.

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 11 queries