View Single Post
Old 30 December 2014, 17:11   #6
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroelsDK View Post
As I understood I was supposed to overwrite the old upload with the new file named exactly the same... I thought that was why I had to log in with my email as password as to give me permission to do that only to my own uploads.
No. You're actually not logging in at all, you are using "anonymous FTP" - that's not Aminet specific at all. It used to be customary to use one's email address as a password when using anon FTP so the admin could contact you if he had questions or complaints about anything you did - but that was only for politeness sake and it's not really necessary for Aminet since you're also uploading a readme file which contains contact details.

Nobody can directly replace files on Aminet. You connect to aminet.net, go to the "new" directory and upload your package and readme files (don't be alarmed if they vanish from the directory after a few minutes). A moderator will then have a look at it, perform various checks and add it to the database.

Uploading instructions are available here: http://wiki.aminet.net/Uploading_instructions

Page generated in 0.04359 seconds with 11 queries