View Single Post
Old 30 December 2014, 02:44   #2
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Hi everyone...

Recently got my Vampire 600 board from kipper2k and it's great!

The only problem I'm experiencing is that the floppydrive seems to have problems reading disks when the board is attached. Problem goes away when removing the Vampire.

Floppy behaves just like it's an empty disk inserted (you know those three clicks) and gives "DF0:????".

I suspected the floppydrive at first, but I could not find anything wrong, so I tried it in one of my A1200s and it worked like a charm.

Some times it's able to read disks for a little while, but then it starts giving me read errors again (when the Vampire is attached).

Drive is a Chinon FZ-354 original in the A600.

I read some posts here saying that this might be a power issue, and maybe it is... I've tried three different original A500 PSUs on the machine, and the same thing happens. Tried without the harddrive with just the Vampire and floppy attached. Same problem.

Could it be a capacitor-problem?

Have measured the voltage from the floppy drive power connector on the motherboard with the Vampire attached and at the same time trying to access a disk. Power is stable between 11.99v and 12.00v it seems..
that's a problem of the floppy drive switch, you can change such switch or get a new floppy drive
to solve the problem momentarily insert and remove the floppy very quick 5 or 6 times

Page generated in 0.04600 seconds with 10 queries