Thread: Beats of Fire
View Single Post
Old 10 December 2014, 15:09   #293
Steve T

Here's my crappy take on the background... I reworked the 'free' palette to give me some more primary greens, the hedge is now real lush I also made it more summery and for now at least removed the clouds from the upper part of the sky (sorry Turrican 3!)

I have made a few changes, infact its nearly entirely new - repixelled to make best use of the available palette and to try and improve it as I see best.... Yes there are some mistakes, some things aren't quite finished, it could use some more work, I'm sure that not everyone will like it but I'm trying my best with a big scene, lots of tones but a very small palette, where a number of the tones available aren't very useful to replicating the arcade look. I've suggested a few global palette changes, but it may not be workable.

This is an amiga specific 32 colour version so again its not pixel for pixel like the arcade. I've tried to have fun with it, rather than drive myself mad(er)... There's a couple of Amiga specific easter-eggs in there too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bonus_stage_Steve_T_01.png
Views:	514
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	42432  
Page generated in 0.05383 seconds with 10 queries