View Single Post
Old 02 December 2014, 20:42   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
In my WinUae configuration I have the ROM image from the older ROM version. 37.350. On my CF card I have three partitions. 1 for system 2 for work 3 for stuff. Can I use the old ROM image to install WB3.1 into my system partition? Then the plan is to physically move the compact flash card across to my real Amiga A600 and boot from that using my new ROM chip I have fitted inside?
No, at least not if you want to install it properly using installer program. Manual copying of course works but then you are on your own

Quote:
Also, I did notice in some of the WHDload games that I played with the older WB that the access speed from the CF card had a tendency to be quite slow. For example if there was music playing during the loading of the game it would quite often cut out while the CF card was being accessed. It would then start up again. I remember from the tutorials I read that the max transfer rate had to be altered to 000F (I believe) so that data transfer would be more reliable. Is this the case or can I speed things up a little to remove the frustrating cut outs?
Nothing to do with CF card. WHDLoad has to stop the game (that took over the system) and restore AmigaOS back to running state temporarily when it accesses HD. Only fix is to have enough free memory and use WHDLoad's PRELOAD option.

Max transfer won't affect speed (at least if you use correct value).

Page generated in 0.08997 seconds with 9 queries