View Single Post
Old 01 December 2014, 02:44   #8
Blitter

The HD is split into 2 partitions (pretty much to keep System and Work files seperate), and in total is only 80mb and I've got a 128mg CF card, so that's no bother.

I tried to copy the 'Work files' partition (which isn't the boot partition) by just dragging it onto the CF card's icon (on the Amiga). Most of these files are images/sound/text so I can view them straight from my Mac, don't need to go through emulator.

1st problem - I get a Workbench alert: "Volume has a checksum error on disk block 2536". Is there a way to check which files are in this block? Is it fixable?
I clicked 'Retry' a few times with no luck so clicked 'Cancel' and it carried on copying the rest of the contents of the drive to the CF Card. Would like to know what's missing though.

2nd problem: When I put the CF Card in my Mac to copy the files off, I'm (unsurprisingly) getting errors with files that have ? in the filename.
Is there any way in the CLI to search the entire Amiga drive for filenames with ? or ! in them (and remove the offending characters if poss, if not I can do it by hand once I know where they are)?

3rd problem: Not really a problem, but when I've dragged a floppy onto the CF Card, the Mac then sometimes shows a folder called Trashcan within the floppy's directory. It appears to have no contents. Why's that? (can't remember how the Amiga dealt with deleting files, TBH)

4th problem: On the Mac the creation dates for all files are today. The modified and last opened date is retained (though out by 1hr for some reason) so I can copy the modified date to the creation date. All folders however have todays date, is there any way to retain the original date when copying onto the CF card on the Amiga? Did the Amiga not have a seperate Creation datestamp as part of the OS, BTW?

Last edited by Blitter; 01 December 2014 at 03:25.

Page generated in 0.04874 seconds with 9 queries