View Single Post
Old 25 November 2014, 20:30   #1
stezkmil

Hired Guns Menu Modification

Greetings fellow Hired Guns aficionados. Set yourself apart from the filthy casual crowd with my new modification, which adds three new maps into the Short Action Game map list. The modification works for all ingame languages, so no worries that you would end up with some half-assed hack. To install, just overwrite your HD installed Hired Guns files with the ones provided in the attachment. The archive also contains the IDA project, some notes about the modification process and level editing and the string editor MSVC project. These extras are not required to be extracted into the HG directory. The maps are brand new and also designed by me.

The Tree World map name is actually already present in the Locations file. Just the map itself was not published in the original game, so I did not change the map name and imagined how it could look like.

I made a video where I describe how this was done. Beware, it is long and boring, but it can teach you the basics of modifying the Amiga executables.
[ Show youtube player ]
Attached Files
File Type: zip HiredGuns.zip (716.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by stezkmil; 27 November 2014 at 12:58. Reason: images url chaned

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05289 seconds with 10 queries