Thread: BetterWB 3.8
View Single Post
Old 17 November 2014, 12:01   #23
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
BetterWB 3.8 24th September 2014

This is a new version of BetterWB workbench pack, that aims to be an enhancement, an updated extension to AmigaOS 3.1, without all those hardware requirements typically associated with these kind of packs. It is indeed a better 3.1 than 3.1 itself!

BetterWB works on any Amiga. It installs on top of a clean AmigaOS 3.1 installation. It is distributed as a set of floppy images and occupies about 10MB of harddrive space.
Thanks as always for the update.

Now for the anti feature request any chance of a low space install option, that does not install things like printer drivers and other such addon that are of less use on a low specification amiga with a harddisk size measured in megabytes rather than hundreds of megabytes or gigabytes.

The reason I ask is I use BetterWB on my 2MB A500 with a 100MB HD and my 1.5MB Minimig with an 80MB Hardfile, both of which now struggle to run the latest versions of BetterWB and don't really have 10MB's of space just for the operating system.

I am not saying don't add extra stuff that can be of use on expanded A1200's as I am sure its of use to lots of people just can we have a base install option, so use with more limited systems can still take advantage of the excellent bug fixes and modern icon support added by BetterWB.
Page generated in 0.08214 seconds with 9 queries