View Single Post
Old 28 October 2014, 21:07   #49
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
Loving all the comments on here by idiots who can't be bothered to use Google. Before you call me stupid, maybe get your facts straight. Here's the first hit on Google for those too lazy to do any research before throwing around insults:

http://www.go-gulf.com/blog/online-piracy/

I never said musicians don't make money, I said they make a lot less money from music sales than they used to, and these days make most money from live performance. That's a fact, choose to plead ignorance to it again if you please.

Anyway, back on topic. Thanks for the replies, especially from those that were part of the scene. So it looks like most people were in it mainly for the challenge and for a little bit of recognition too, seems there was virtually no money in it. This surprises me because obviously counterfeiting is big business, so I assumed the main motive would have been money. Very interesting.
Of course there was money in it, how do you think we paid for all those original disks in the first place? Very few were donated, but thats a whole lotta other discussion for a separate thread

Page generated in 0.04973 seconds with 9 queries