View Single Post
Old 25 October 2014, 01:02   #59
Dad bought an A1000 home from work around 87 or 88. Most friends still had 8-bits, and hadn't even heard of the Amiga at the time.

I remember being amazed by it compared to the BBC B we had, especially when seeing the likes of Deluxe Paint, Aegis Animator etc. Literally could not believe how good Marble Madness and Crazy Golf looked and sounded.

First upgrade I bought for it was a Cortex 4Mb Ram board so I could play F1GP - which sadly died.

Then bought an A1200 in 92, which is now in a Power Tower, complete with BPPC+BVision + PowerFlyer (Fast ATA Mk2 I think) - currently trying to get AmiKit 'real' working with CGFX...... Along the way it has had a Blizzard Mk2 1230/50, an Archos Overdrive and various IDE CD drives etc.

Played a lot of Serial linked Skid Marks and Gloom with an Amiga owning mate at Uni before getting PS1's :-)

Since then I have acquired a couple more A1200's, another 030(GVP) board and an 060(Blizzard), and a Squirrel SCSI attached CD-Rom. I may try and get a CD32 at some point!

Also along the way have probably had a fair few of Galahad's (amongst others!) cracked disks......
Now I have acquired originals of a lot of the cracks I used to have! (not to mention a tolerant Wife who puts up with it all....)

I now mainly use Macs at home, and PC's at work, but neither has ever really grabbed me in the same way the Miggy did in 87!
Page generated in 0.05106 seconds with 9 queries