View Single Post
Old 19 October 2014, 18:12   #1
Sephnroth

Question where to start? head exploding

Hi guys! Sorry I'm sure these sort of questions asked ALL the time but I have been browsing around, reading facts, hunting google and youtube.. and all I've really managed to do is confuse myself.

I have just been given an amiga 500 - I was hunting around for a 1200 but I was offered this for free (in box with a bunch of disks, two joysticks and the ram upgrade etc!) so I was not going to turn it down! The only pain is the lack of an IDE port inside.

So I'm trying to figure out the best way, for me right now, to get ADF files from PC to Amiga. My first stop was on ebay to see if I could pick up all the old games I owned when I was younger and I was completely gutted by the prices. 40 for turrican 2 etc.. unghhh. Gutted because I simply cant afford that and also gutted because I own all these things boxed and near mint but would of been thrown out of my parents attic years ago when they did renovations! >_< I never owned an amiga, my brother did so I bought some games for it.

Anyway I owned:

Turrican 2
Venus the fly trap
Miami Chase
Lotus esprit turbo challenge (I think it was that one, had a cheat code DUX at title screen to play dynamite dux?)
Castle Master
and finally Pinball Fantasies (which my brother forbird me from playing because he was convinced I would break the ? and z keys...)

Anyway as I paid for all these games I figured i'd grab the adf's from the net and start with those. I also own amiga forever 2006 edition (as an eletronic download) and the amiga I have just aquired has the 512k ram upgrade, the RF modulator and disks for workbench 1.3.

I know I cant do the CF thing as I dont have IDE on the 500 (..right?) unless I buy a SCSI thing but they are so expensive now. I have old laptop with a serial port and 9pin serial cable, but no 25pin end for the amiga. I have idly considered cutting the 9pin wire, stripping it back and trying to wrap the ends around the correct pins of the amiga serial port and doing the null modem thing - or is that asking for trouble? XD

Alternatively I have a USB floppy drive I can plug into any pc and a stack of original amiga floppys that came with the machine if there is anything I can do with that combo.

Half the things I found online seemed to be for amiga 1200+ which is why im a bit stuck. What do you guys recommend?

Sorry long post!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04979 seconds with 9 queries