View Single Post
Old 16 October 2014, 07:31   #44
Originally Posted by Kola View Post
Just wondering why.

As far as I know all of the games are made and they all are wrote for the habitat of a specific computer, say A1200.

So by making your A1200 how ever many times faster what does it do? I understand coding a PC up as the newer software requires greater hardware.

Scuse if this is a dumb Q. I just don't get it.
I've mainly been upgrading my Amiga because I've been using it as a main daily computer (till 2004). All apps were much nicer to use when there was more speed and you could use higher resolutions. For example rendering, mp3 playing, videos, networking/websurfing etc require pretty much from Amiga level CPUs.

Another big reason for me was (and is) the demoscene. In mid 90s demos pushed what they got from 030/50 and since late 90s most demos have practically required 060 processor.

And as Amiga was my main computer, I of course wanted to check all the latest games too. There were many classics made in late 90s for accelerated Amigas. Of course majority of the available games were for stock Amigas, but that doesn't mean that there weren't games requiring more too.
Page generated in 0.04943 seconds with 9 queries