View Single Post
Old 13 October 2014, 23:07   #36
Yes, I know this is an Amiga forum and don't want to make too much of it, but these are selected excerpts sort of matching my experience
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
"Yes sir, the ST is just like an Amiga but has 20 free games, you don't get that with the Amiga...... er, stereo sound? Yes, and it might be as many as 4096 colours!"
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
"The bloke in the shop lied dad, its a load of crap, everything is in a tiny window and it sounds awful and the scrolling makes my eyes water!"
"Erm, any chance we can take it back and go and get a proper computer?"
I actually had (limited) experience with an Amiga 1000 before buying my ST (with single-sided 360K drive!), but "fell" for the same thing. The big factor was that Amiga 500s hadn't reached my town yet, and an Amiga 1000 cost (hold on to your seats) 1300 EUR (down from 2100 EUR! bargain!).

So I sold my MSX and with money that I'd saved, I bought an ST before the Xmas holidays. I do recognize the feeling of a letdown for the price when playing the games. Memory of some clipart fish I printed on my matrix printer, which my parents framed and hung in their bedroom but honeymoon ended swiftly.

Then just after, of course a mate at school showed me his Amiga 500 and after a month of saving another 100 EUR, the store actually took the ST back. And I lived happily ever after. Well, except for the dark witch of the north PC period haha :P
Page generated in 0.08985 seconds with 9 queries