View Single Post
Old 09 October 2014, 14:15   #16
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I had the JXD S7200B. Worst piece of crap I've ever bought.

The OS was buggy beyond hope, UAE didn't run full speed on it, had probems with key assigns, some emulators didn't want to run at all (FPSE) and the ones which ran could crash at any moment. The battery also lasted just 2 hours, and when it was going to discharge the tablet started freezing and becoming unresponsive. It also started reboot-looping if the battery wasn't over a certain percentage and sometimes it could even corrupt your Android storage (had to reflash so many times it wasn't even funny). The overclocking function was a big scam, it would report a faster speed but the CPU was locked to 800MHz anyway. If I were you guys I would do some benchmarking - the value shown could be completely placebo.

Worst of all, the 4.0 update was completely unusable

The hardware in them is also seriously underpowered and these people clearly have no idea on how to create an Android-based system except from copy-pasting source stolen somewhere else.

I'm not sure if they've got any better, but if they're still like that, STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THEM!

I seriously hope that yours will work better than mine did
I've had no issues whatsoever with my S7800b in which i have used daily for the last 6months since i bought it

It has quad core at 1.4ghz, 2gb ram and the Mali-400 MP4 GPU in it, and i have found it to be fast enough for everything i have needed it for.

Battery length on it is comparable to other tablets, and my S7800b has no problems emulating the Amiga.
It also has enough grunt to emulate the PSX, 32x and most N64 games, heck i even played a few PSP and Dreamcast games on it once, they were slow but they worked.

Pretty much any 8bit and 16bit system is emulated at full speed on it, even native Android 3d games all played fine, Dead trigger 2, GTA:VC, Epoch etc, all play really nicely on the S7800b!

My JXD comes with Android 4.2.2 and i have had no issues with the OS, it's always fast and responsive.

I have also benchmarked my JXD and the results were very similar to the Nexus 7 i tested as well, in some cases the JXD was faster, so i doubt there is any fake overclocking going on with this unit.

The only negative about the JXD's is that they aren't made as strong as some of the brand name tablets are, but that's to be expected from any chinese knockoff tablet and again, as long as you treat them right and don't drop them, you won't have any problems.

Maybe you just had some bad luck with yours, or that the S7200B is simply a lot weaker then the S7800b.

Edit- When i bought my S7800b and was waiting for it to arrive, i was convinced i was going to flash it and overclock etc, but to be honest since having it i haven't felt the need to do that as it works fine out of the box for all my needs.

Last edited by hansel75; 09 October 2014 at 14:32.

Page generated in 0.05235 seconds with 9 queries