View Single Post
Old 05 September 2014, 09:59   #47
CaptainM68K-SPS France
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Originally Posted by leathered View Post
Since it relies purely on the CPU, and ran super fast in WINUAE, then I'm pretty sure that the answer to the last question is yes.
There is no blitter wait at all, because this game makes NO access to any custom chip (Blitter, copper, whatever).

So the answer can't be yes.

My opinion on this... Stingray hinted at a way to go earlier in some context - instead of drawing everything with the CPU you can make a new routine that will take all the data and use the blitter for drawing each frame. This sounds similar in concept to what 'Where Time Stood Still' does in 'blitter mode'.
that would be fine, but it would be hard..... a game like BT should run at 50 fps on amiga, for that the whole video engine must be changed.

I wouldn't worry about the colours, to me they are well adapted to 16 (at least the first level). No mean feat...
The color scheme is horrible. 32 colors is really the minimum for a game which such a big palette.

I agree that there is probably a half decent game hiding in there (you can get a taste of that through WINUAE), and to someone with the skills and the time (and I have neither, unfortunately) then theoretically there's a reasonable means to update this using the custom chips without doing the whole thing again.
The game is half decent indeed , i think it would need quite a big amount of time of time to work out the whole thing
Page generated in 0.05400 seconds with 9 queries