View Single Post
Old 02 September 2014, 18:05   #132
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Going back to the original topic of tape alignment issues, for people who are still playing real tape games on a c2n, or when using a cassette adapter with the tape playback coming from another device.

I have found some more hints and tips in the Commodore Format magazines in regards to c2n head alignment, see pics!

There is also a little program in the 2nd pic that apparently allows you to hear the tapes audio through your tv's speakers!

This would be awesome if it worked, it would make the job of head alignment so much easier.

Also on a side note, i still have my c2n datasette and a cassette adapter that i used to use with it to load tape games.

So i guess if ever i wanted true tape emulation i can always still use that method instead of the Infinity.

And with new disk releases that don't work on sd2iec's, as mentioned before i can always copy out the d64's to real disks in my 1541-II(in which i am still to try out)!

So in some ways by still having a real tape and disk drive plus the Infinity v2, it virtually covers all bases apart from some large crt games that require an easyflash!

And with cart games like some of the larger Ocean and System3 cart games, almost all of them are also available in other formats that my infinity can play so cool!

Also does anyone know if the Super Snapshot v3 cart i have is any good for anything, or worth much to sell?

Edit- Thanks for the info TMR, was helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF C2N Alignment Tips.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	41364   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF C2N Amplifier Program.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	41365  

Last edited by hansel75; 02 September 2014 at 18:16.

Page generated in 0.06516 seconds with 10 queries