View Single Post
Old 31 August 2014, 18:37   #116
john1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
But i do realize there are new releases in the crt format, can crt roms be converted to other rom types like prg etc with a util/converter??
It depends entirely on the game. Some new games like Bomberland would have to be manually recoded to become multiload. Quite a big investment. Other simpler games may not need much work at all to turn to prg format.

Quote:
You forgot to mention he'll have plenty of time to save up the money for the 1541 U-II since it'll take several months before he'll get his unit. Aside from that, not everyone is willing to pay 3 or 4 times the price of a used C64 for an expansion, no matter how good it is.
The wait really is not a problem. I just carried on using my datasette till the unit arrived and didn't get impatient. I think the price really is worth it for anyone wanting to seriously get back into C64. For just a casual gamer, who is not interested in new game/demo releases, the SD2IEC is perhaps worth it.

@hawui1

There were some rumours about Gideon ending production of the Ultimate. But as far as I know they are just rumours, Gideon hasn't said anything concrete either way. Although I haven't been to the 1541U forums for a while, so things may have changed.

Page generated in 0.04832 seconds with 9 queries