View Single Post
Old 29 August 2014, 17:22   #21
Mounty
Hardware Design Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
Much more difficult with a Gotek, for reasons I explained earlier.

I had all this "initial resistance" with the Amipad32. "OH MY GOD, IT'S GOT PAINTED BUTTONS! I THINK I'D DIE IF I TOUCHED A PAINTED BUTTON!"

Since then the Amipad has been a steady seller. Why? because it's a damned good alternative to whatever else was out there. In fact I sold two today, while I've been sitting here assembling some Gotek external adapters.

It's the same with this device. Of all the people who have seen this post (probably 200 or so), only a handful of naysayers have commented. The vast majority will have had a look, and thought "mmm, I'll keep my eye on that". That's how it works.

That's why I'm not too bothered if one guy says he doesn't like this and another guy says he doesn't like that. I gave up trying to please everyone long ago. It's all about pleasing the maximum amount of customers possible, and that's what I always try to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
Mounty i still dont get it why is it so thick? The gotek pcb cant be more than 8mm high.
The Gotek pcb is not inside the shell, it's inside the Amiga case. Inside the shell is my custom pcb with quite a few bits and bobs mounted on it.

I could perhaps shave a few mm off it's height but it's only 25mm.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04803 seconds with 9 queries